NOTICE TO VISITOR:
THIS IS AN ARCHIVED SITE
This site contains information released online prior to January 20, 2009.
Click HERE to go the CURRENT commerce.gov website.
Information released from January 20, 2009 to present.
Please note: The content in this archive site is not updated and external links may not function.
“We Stand by Georgia” Deputy Secretary Sullivan Tells Business and Government Leaders in Tbilisi
Tbilisi, Georgia (Oct. 27)—Deputy Secretary of Commerce John J. Sullivan opened the first U.S.-Georgia Business Summit today before more than 180 participants. Deputy Secretary Sullivan reaffirmed America’s commitment to support Georgia’s democracy, territorial integrity and security. This commitment is reflected in America’s actions, including a multi-year $1 billion commitment of economic assistance announced by President Bush last month. Among the objectives of the trip is to encourage bilateral trade ties between Georgia and the United States. While trade with Georgia was nearly $600 million last year “There is tremendous potential for growth in our bilateral trading relationship,” Sullivan said. (Remarks)
- Deputy Secretarial Visit to Georgia and Azerbaijan, October 2008
- Secretarial Visit to Brazil, October 9-10, 2008
- Business Development Mission to CAFTA-DR Countries, September 28-October 2, 2008
- U.S.-China Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade, Yorba Linda, California, Sept. 15-16, 2008
- Secretarial Visit to Atlanta-Americas Competitiveness Forum Aug. 17-19
- Secretarial Visit to Czech Republic, Ukraine and Russia June 2008
- Secretarial Visit to China and Korea May 2008
- Secretarial Visit to Latin America February 2008
- Secretarial Visit to Middle East February 2008
- Secretarial Visit to China December 2007
- Secretarial Visit to Colombia November 2007
- Business Development Mission to Vietnam November 2007
- Secretarial Visit to Colombia October 2007
- Secretarial Visit to Uruguay and Brazil October 2007
- Secretarial Visit to Panama, Peru and Colombia September 2007
- Secretarial Visit to Russia and Ukraine April 2007
- Last Updated:
- July 20, 2010
- Questions regarding this section may be directed to the Department of Commerce Webmaster