NOTICE TO VISITOR:
THIS IS AN ARCHIVED SITE
This site contains information released online prior to January 20, 2009.
Click HERE to go the CURRENT commerce.gov website.
Information released from January 20, 2009 to present.
Please note: The content in this archive site is not updated and external links may not function.
The Office of the Secretary is the general management arm of the Department and provides the principal support to the Secretary in formulating policy and in providing advice to the President. It provides program leadership for the Department's functions and exercises general supervision over the operating units. It also directly carries out program functions as may be assigned by the Secretary, and provides, as determined to be more economic or efficient, administrative and other support services for designated operating units. The Office of the Secretary consists of the Secretary, certain Secretarial Officers, designated staff immediately serving those officials, and a number of "Departmental offices" which have Department-wide functions or perform special program functions directly on behalf of the Secretary.
- Library and Information Center
- Office of Business Liaison
- Center for Faith Based and Community Initiatives
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Secretary for Administration
- Office of Acquisition Management
- Office of Administrative Services
- Office of Budget
- Office of Civil Rights
- Office of Financial Management
- Office of Human Resources Management
- Office of Management and Organization
- Office of Security
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Policy and Strategic Planning
- Office of Public Affairs
- Last Updated:
- July 20, 2010
- Questions regarding this section may be directed to the Department of Commerce Webmaster